🔴OFFICIAL: Formula One CANCELS races in the Middle East amidst ongoing conflict

Formula One has officially cancelled two major races in the Middle East as the ongoing conflict in the region continues to escalate.

On Sunday morning [AEDT], F1 confirmed that the Bahrain Grand Prix and Saudi Arabian Grand Prix, originally scheduled for April, will not take place as planned.

The sport’s governing bodies made the call following weeks of instability across the Gulf region, with safety concerns for teams, staff and spectators ultimately forcing the decision.

In a statement confirming the move, Formula One said:

‘After careful evaluations, due to the ongoing situation in the Middle East region, the Bahrain and Saudi Arabian Grands Prix will not take place in April.

‘While several alternatives were considered, it was ultimately decided that no substitutions will be made in April.

Formula One drivers including Australian Oscar Piastri will have two less races to compete in this season

Tha Bahrain GP and Saudi Arabia event have been cancelled because of ongoing conflict in the Middle East

‘The Formula 2, Formula 3 and F1 ACADEMY rounds will also not take place during their scheduled times.

‘The decision has been taken in full consultation with the FIA and respective promoters.’

The Bahrain race had been scheduled for mid-April, with Saudi Arabia set to host a race just one week later.

However, the escalating war involving Iran, the United States and Israel has created a volatile security situation across the region.

Bahrain, which sits just across the Gulf from Iran, has reportedly been hit by repeated attacks in recent weeks, while Saudi Arabia has also faced strikes targeting key infrastructure.

Formula One leadership said the safety of its global racing community had to come first.

FIA president Mohammed Ben Sulayem said:

‘The FIA will always place the safety and wellbeing of our community and colleagues first.

FIA president Mohammed Ben Sulayem said it was not a decision they took lightly 

The absence of the Middle East races leaves a massive hole in the Formula One calendar 

F1 officials remain hopeful races in Qatar and Abu Dhabi will be able to go ahead later in the season

‘After careful consideration, we have taken this decision with that responsibility firmly in mind.

‘We continue to hope for calm, safety and a swift return to stability in the region, and my thoughts remain with all those affected by these recent events.

‘Bahrain and Saudi Arabia are incredibly important to the ecosystem of our racing season, and I look forward to returning to both as soon as circumstances allow.

‘My sincere thanks to the promoters, our partners, and our colleagues across the championship for the collaborative and constructive approach that has led to this decision.’

Formula One CEO Stefano Domenicali said cancelling the races had not been an easy call, but insisted it was necessary given the circumstances.

‘While this was a difficult decision to take, it is unfortunately the right one at this stage considering the current situation in the Middle East,’ Domenicali said.

‘I want to take this opportunity to thank the FIA as well as our incredible promoters for their support and total understanding as they were looking forward to hosting us with their usual energy and passion.

‘We cannot wait to be back with them as soon as the circumstances allow us to do so.’

There had been speculation that the races could be replaced by alternative events, including the possibility of an additional race in Melbourne, a double-header in Japan or a late addition somewhere in Europe.

But Formula One ultimately decided not to introduce replacement races.

The decision is expected to reduce the 2026 championship calendar from 24 races to 22.

It also leaves a significant gap in the schedule, with no races currently planned between the Japanese Grand Prix on March 29 and the Miami Grand Prix on May 4.

While the spring races in Bahrain and Saudi Arabia have been scrapped, Formula One remains hopeful that later events in the region will still go ahead.

The championship is currently scheduled to return to the Middle East for the Qatar Grand Prix in late November, before the traditional season-ending ccGrand Prix in December.

Related Posts

💔🚨 A HEARTBREAKING LESSON OF HUMANITY FROM THE KING OF MARATHONS 💓 Eliud Kipchoge – the legendary marathon king – not only shattered the impossible barrier of running under 2 hours, but also quietly carried out an act of kindness that left the entire world emotional.

Eliud Kipchoge stands as the undisputed king of the marathon world, a legendary athlete whose achievements continue to inspire millions across the globe. His remarkable journey from humble beginnings in…

Read more

🔥🏁 DRAMATISCHE ONTWIKKELINGEN bij de Nürburgring 24 Hours:

De Nürburgring 24 Hours is opgeschud door een reeks onverwachte beslissingen van de wedstrijdleiding die het eindklassement volledig op zijn kop hebben gezet. Na meerdere zware straffen en controversiële diskwalificaties…

Read more

🚨 “LO PRIMERO QUE TENGO QUE HACER ES FICHARLO” José Mourinho declaró que su principal objetivo si regresa al Real Madrid sería fichar a una gran estrella.

🚨 “LO PRIMERO QUE TENGO QUE HACER ES FICHARLO” — JOSÉ MOURINHO YA TENDRÍA CLARO EL NOMBRE DEL JUGADOR QUE QUIERE PARA RESUCITAR AL REAL MADRID El nombre de José…

Read more

“DAMN IT! GET HER OFF MY SHOW!” — Jimmy Kimmel yelled, but it was too late. Faith Kipyegon had just turned Jimmy Kimmel Live! into a real television explosion.

Television audiences around the world were left completely stunned after an explosive confrontation involving Faith Kipyegon and Jimmy Kimmel reportedly transformed an ordinary episode of Jimmy Kimmel Live! into one…

Read more

💔“I SACRIFICED MY ENTIRE LIFE, ONLY TO BE MET WITH BETRAYAL AND PUBLIC HUMILIATION.” Sha’Carri Richardson breaks down as she recounts the most painful moment of her career, when she was dragged into a doping scandal she insists was deliberately manufactured.

💔“I SACRIFICED MY ENTIRE LIFE, ONLY TO BE MET WITH BETRAYAL AND PUBLIC HUMILIATION.” Sha’Carri Richardson breaks down as she recounts the most painful moment of her career, when she…

Read more

HEARTWARMING NEWS💥 Faith Kipyegon and her husband, Timothy Kitum, have just shocked the world with the announcement of welcoming TWO twins

The sports world erupted with emotion and disbelief after Faith Kipyegon and her husband Timothy Kitum reportedly revealed the birth of twins through an intimate social media post that instantly…

Read more

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *